- 2 jalapeños
- 4 scallions, minced
- 3 habanero or Scotch bonnet chiles, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup fresh grapefruit juice
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- Roast the jalapeños directly over an open flame or under a preheated broiler, turning, until blackened all over. Put the jalapeños in a small bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let stand for 5 minutes. Discard the blackened skins, stems and seeds; cut the jalapeños into thin strips.
- In a bowl, mix the jalapeños, scallions, habaneros, cilantro and grapefruit, orange and lime juices; season with salt.
The sauce can be refrigerated for up to 1 week.