- 3 cups plain whole goat's- or cow's-milk yogurt, drained for 2 hours
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 3 tablespoons dried mulberries or sour cherries
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 1 tablespoon hazelnuts
- 1 tablespoon blanched almonds, very coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons tahini, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons grape molasses (see Note) or unsulfured molasses
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon chopped pistachios
How to make this recipe
Spoon half of the yogurt into 6 heatproof glasses. In a large skillet, melt 3 tablespoons of the butter. Add the walnuts, mulberries, raisins, hazelnuts, almonds and pine nuts and sauté over moderately high heat, shaking the pan, until the butter is sizzling and beginning to brown around the edges. Stir in the tahini and 2 tablespoons of the molasses. Spoon the mixture into the glasses; top with the remaining yogurt.
Melt the remaining butter in the skillet. Stir in the remaining molasses and the cinnamon; drizzle over the yogurt. Sprinkle on the pistachios and serve.
Grape molasses is available at Middle Eastern markets.