- 1/4 cup tahini paste, at room temperature
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups plain whole-milk yogurt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Aleppo pepper or freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley, for garnish
- In a food processor, blend the tahini paste, lemon juice and olive oil until smooth. Add the yogurt and blend the mixture thoroughly. Scrape the tahini sauce into a bowl; stir in the cumin and Aleppo pepper. Season with salt and garnish with the parsley.
The tahini sauce can be refrigerated for up to 3 days. Serve at room temperature.