- 1 cup plain, full-fat Greek or Bulgarian yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped mint, plus mint leaves for garnish
- Warm pita bread, for serving
How to make this recipe
- Line a strainer with a coffee filter or a double layer of moistened cheesecloth and spoon in the yogurt. Set the strainer over a bowl and let the yogurt drain until it is fairly firm, about 2 hours.
- Using the side of a chef's knife, mash the garlic to a paste with a large pinch of salt. In a bowl, mix the garlic paste with the drained yogurt and chopped mint. Sprinkle with the mint leaves and serve with warm pita.
The dip can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.
All this minty, garlicky yogurt needs is a light, bright, tart wine to match its tang. Consider an aromatic Spanish wine from the Penedès region.