Yogurt and Pomegranate Dip with Cilantro
- SERVINGS: MAKES 2 1/2 CUPS
A snap to assemble, this tangy and refreshing dip is perfect with warm pita bread or as an accompaniment for grilled meats or steamed vegetables.
Delicious, Quick Side Dishes
- 1 large ripe pomegranate
- 2 cups chilled plain yogurt
- 2 scallions, white and tender green, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Fresh mint sprigs, for garnish
- Cut the pomegranate in half crosswise and gently lift out the seeds in sections, being careful not to break them. Pull the seeds off the yellow pithy membrane.
- In a medium bowl, combine the yogurt, scallions and cilantro. Gently fold in all but 2 tablespoons of the pomegranate seeds. Transfer the yogurt dip to a glass bowl and garnish with mint sprigs and the reserved pomegranate seeds.