- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 cup mixed fresh herbs (mint, basil, parsley, tarragon, chives)
- 1 cup low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon honey
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a blender, combine the shallot, herbs, yogurt, water, olive oil and honey and puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper and serve or refrigerate.
The dressing can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.
One Serving: (2 tablespoons) 59 cal, 4.4 gm fat, .08 gm sat fat, 4.4 grams carb, 0 fiber, 0.9 gm protein. Tips: Use this as an alternative to mayonnaise in chicken or tuna salad. o Mix well with hard-cooked egg yolks and a pinch of smoked paprika for a lighter take on the filling for deviled eggs. o Instead of yogurt, substitute soft silken tofu for a dairy-free version of this dressing.