- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white-chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
In a medium bowl, whisk the flour with the baking soda, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the butter with the brown sugar at medium speed until blended. Beat in the granulated sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in the whole egg, egg white and vanilla. At low speed, beat in the dry ingredients, in 2 additions. With a large wooden spoon, mix in the oats, semisweet and white-chocolate chips and the coconut. Cover the cookie dough and refrigerate for 1 hour, until chilled.
Preheat the oven to 375°. Line 3 large baking sheets with parchment paper. Using a rounded tablespoon, spoon mounds of dough onto the baking sheets, at least 3 inches apart. Bake the cookies for about 14 minutes, until golden and just set. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer them to a rack to cool completely.