- 2 pounds ripe yellow tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup torn basil leaves, plus 4 basil sprigs
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 pounds ripe red tomatoes, quartered
How to make this recipe
- In a food processor or blender, puree the yellow tomatoes with 2 tablespoons of the basil leaves; strain through a coarse sieve. Whisk in 1/2 tablespoon of the olive oil, 1/2 tablespoon of the honey and 1/2 tablespoon of the lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a pitcher and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour. Repeat with the red tomatoes and the remaining basil leaves, olive oil, honey and lemon juice.
- Whisk each soup until smooth. At the same time, pour both soups from opposite sides into shallow bowls. Garnish with the basil sprigs and serve.
One Serving 128 calories, 4.9 gm total fat, 0.7 gm saturated fat.