Yin-Yang Melon Soup
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 4
This recipe is made by pairing orange- and green-melon soups. Serving the soups together in one bowl is especially colorful, but each can stand alone.
- 1 pound peeled green melon, such as honeydew, cut into 1-inch dice (3 cups)
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pound peeled orange melon, such as cantaloupe, cut into 1-inch dice (3 cups)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- In a food processor or blender, puree the green melon with the mint, lime juice and 1 tablespoon of the sugar. Pour into a pitcher and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
- Rinse out the blender. Add the orange melon, lemon juice and the remaining 1 tablespoon of sugar and puree. Pour into a pitcher and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
- At the same time, pour both soups from opposite sides into shallow bowls, taking care to keep them from mixing, and serve.
Make Ahead The soups can be refrigerated overnight. Notes One Serving Calories 110 kcal, Total Fat 0.3 gm, Saturated Fat 0.1 gm.