Yin-Yang Melon Soup
- SERVINGS: 4
This recipe is made by pairing orange- and green-melon soups. Serving the soups together in one bowl is especially colorful, but each can stand alone.
- 1 pound peeled green melon, such as honeydew, cut into 1-inch dice (3 cups)
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pound peeled orange melon, such as cantaloupe, cut into 1-inch dice (3 cups)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- In a food processor or blender, puree the green melon with the mint, lime juice and 1 tablespoon of the sugar. Pour into a pitcher and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
- Rinse out the blender. Add the orange melon, lemon juice and the remaining 1 tablespoon of sugar and puree. Pour into a pitcher and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
- At the same time, pour both soups from opposite sides into shallow bowls, taking care to keep them from mixing, and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.