- 6 jalapeños, seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, plus more for seasoning
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 bunches cilantro (about 4 ounces), leaves and stems coarsely chopped (3 cups lightly packed)
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- Kosher salt
How to make this recipe
- In a food processor, pulse the jalapeños, garlic and lemon juice to mince. With the machine on, slowly drizzle in the olive oil. Add the cilantro in batches and puree until incorporated and the sauce is thick but still pourable. Add the honey and puree until smooth. Season with salt and lemon juice.
The hot sauce can be refrigerated for 1 week.