Yellow Wax Bean and Radish Salad with Cannellinis
- ACTIVE: 25 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 40 MIN Plus overnight soaking
- SERVINGS: 10
- 2 cups dried cannellini beans (12 ounces), soaked overnight and drained
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled and halved
- 1 small carrot
- 1 small celery rib
- 1 pound yellow wax beans
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 large radishes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup small basil leaves or chopped basil
- In a large saucepan, cover the drained cannellini beans with 2 inches of water. Add the yellow onion, carrot and celery and bring to a boil. Simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the cannellinis are tender, about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Drain the cannellinis and discard the onion, carrot and celery.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Fill a large bowl with ice water. Add the wax beans to the saucepan and cook until just tender, 3 minutes. Drain the beans and chill them quickly in the ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil with the vinegar and lemon juice and season with salt and black pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss the cannellini beans with the wax beans, radishes, red onion and basil. Add the vinaigrette and toss to coat. Season with salt and black pepper and serve right away.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.