Yellow Bean, Asparagus and Tomato Salad
- SERVINGS: 8
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 pound medium asparagus
- 1 pound yellow wax beans
- 1/2 pint red pear or cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 pint yellow pear or cherry tomatoes
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Add the tarragon.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the asparagus until just tender, about 3 minutes. Using tongs, transfer the asparagus to a colander and refresh under cold water. Drain and pat dry. Cut the asparagus into 3-inch lengths.
- Add the beans to the boiling water and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain the beans in the colander and refresh under cold water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a bowl, toss the cooked vegetables, tomatoes and dressing and serve.
Make Ahead The dressing, asparagus and beans can be prepared through Step 3 and refrigerated overnight.