- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 12 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 jalapeño, quartered lengthwise
- 2 pounds mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 3 fresh bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Set a wok over high heat for 7 minutes. Add the oil and heat until smoking. Add the garlic and jalapeño and stir-fry until lightly golden, about 2 minutes. Add the mussels and bay leaves, season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mussels open, about 6 minutes. Add the wine and boil until reduced by half, about 2 minutes. Spoon the mussels into bowls and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.