- 4 cups vegetable oil
- 3 1/2 pounds Master Stock Chicken, dried inside and out
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup mushroom soy
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped ginger
- 8 wild chiles, chopped
- 5 coriander roots, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped coriander
- In a wok, heat oil until just smoking. Add chicken, breast side down, and cook until golden, 5 to 7 minutes. Turn over and cook for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, drain and rest in a warm place for 10 minutes.
- In the wok, bring the stock, soy and sugar to a boil and mix ingredients together in a bowl. Cut the chicken with a knife or clever, Chinese style, into bite-size pieces. Reform the chicken shape on a plate and tip the ginger mix onto the chicken, pour over stock mix and serve.
Contributed By Neil Perry Photo Published