- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- One 1 1/2 to 2 pound flank steak
- In a small bowl, combine the soy with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, sugar, garlic and sesame oil. Transfer the marinade to a zippered plastic bag and add the flank steak, turning to coat. Seal the bag and marinate at room temperature for 1 hour or in the refrigerator for up to 8 hours.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan. Remove the steak from the marinade and pat dry. Rub both sides with 1 tablespoon of the oil and grill over high heat for 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare meat at the thickest part. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest 5 minutes. Thinly slice the meat against the grain and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.