Winter Vegetable Ragout with Madeira
- SERVINGS: 12
- 4 large carrots, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1 butternut squash (2 1/2 pounds), peeled and cut into 3/4-inch dice
- 2 medium turnips, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch dice
- 2 medium red onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup Madeira or Marsala
- 1 large tomatopeeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 teaspoons thyme leaves
- Preheat the oven to 350°. In a large roasting pan, toss the carrots, butternut squash, turnips and onions with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast the vegetables for about 25 minutes, or until beginning to soften but not browned. Add the Madeira and tomato chunks and cook for about 25 minutes, stirring once, until the Madeira has evaporated and the vegetables are golden. Add the thyme and roast for 20 to 25 minutes longer, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are lightly caramelized.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.