- 1/4 cup Champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon minced preserved lemon peel (see Note)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 18 ounces Little Gem or romaine lettuce (about 16 cups), torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 Hass avocado—halved, pitted and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 fennel bulb—halved lengthwise, cored and very thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup marcona almonds
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- Maldon salt, for sprinkling
- Freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
- In a bowl, whisk the vinegar, shallot, preserved lemon, mustard and kosher salt. Whisk in the olive oil in a steady stream until blended.
- In a large bowl, toss the lettuce, avocado, fennel and 1/4 cup each of the almonds and pomegranate. Toss with 1/2 cup of the vinaigrette. Transfer to a platter and garnish with the remaining almonds and pomegranate. Sprinkle with Maldon salt and pepper. Serve with the remaining vinaigrette at the table.
Preserved lemons are available at specialty food shops and kalustyans.com.
Citrusy Chilean Sauvignon Blanc.