Winter Lettuces with Pomegranate Seeds
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8
Actress Ali Larter's festive salad features a mix of greens like watercress, escarole and frisée in a shallot-mustard vinaigrette, topped with a sprinkling of sweet, ruby red pomegranate seeds.
- 1/2 shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds mixed greens, such as escarole, frisée, endive and watercress, torn into bite-size pieces (about 20 loosely packed cups)
- 3/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- In a large bowl, combine the minced shallot with the lemon juice, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard and water. Whisk in the olive oil until emulsified and season the vinaigrette with salt and pepper. Add the mixed greens and toss to coat. Transfer the salad to a serving platter, garnish with the pomegranate seeds and serve.