- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bunch curly kale
- 1 large red apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
How to make this recipe
In a salad bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, mustard, sugar, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
Remove the kale from the stems and pulse the leaves in batches in a food processor until finely chopped.
Toss the kale, apple, onion, and pecans with the dressing. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.