Winter Greens with Warm Caesar Dressing
- SERVINGS: 6
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 oil-packed anchovies, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Three 1/2-inch-thick slices sourdough bread—crusts removed, bread cut into 3/4-inch cubes and toasted
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 3 medium heads escarole, tender green and white leaves only, torn into 2-inch pieces
- Freshly ground pepper
- Heat the oil in a small skillet. Mash the anchovies and garlic to a paste; add the paste to the pan and cook over moderately high heat for 1 minute. Stir in the lemon juice and zest.
- In a large bowl, toss the croutons with 1 tablespoon of the dressing and 1 tablespoon of the Parmesan. Add the escarole, the remaining dressing and cheese and a generous pinch of pepper. Toss well and serve at once.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.