- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped tarragon
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon finely grated garlic
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 8 ounces Belgian and curly endive, chopped (4 cups)
- 6 cups lightly packed arugula or spinach (4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 350°. Spread the pecans in a pie plate and toast for about 10 minutes, until golden. Let cool.
In a small bowl, whisk the buttermilk with the lemon juice, tarragon, chives and garlic. While whisking constantly, slowly drizzle in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, combine the endive, arugula, kale and scallions with 1 cup of the dressing. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Transfer the salad to a platter, top with the pecans and serve with the remaining dressing at the table.
The dressing can be refrigerated for 3 days.