- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon water
- One 3-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 clementines or mandarins
- 2 blood oranges
- 1 grapefruit
- 1 Fuyu persimmon
- 1 Asian pear
- 1 red pear
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped mint
- Hemp seeds, for garnish
How to make this recipe
- In a small saucepan, bring the maple syrup and water to a simmer with the ginger over moderately high heat. Remove from the heat and let steep for 15 minutes. Pick out and discard the ginger. Stir the lime juice into the syrup; let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, using a sharp knife, peel all of the citrus fruits and cut off all of the bitter white pith. Working over a serving bowl, cut in between the membranes to release the sections. Squeeze the membranes over the bowl to catch all of the juices; discard the membranes.
- Core the persimmon and both pears and then cut them into thin slices. Arrange the slices in the bowl with the citrus and top with the pomegranate seeds. Drizzle the fruit salad with the ginger-lime syrup, sprinkle with the mint and hemp seeds and serve immediately.
Photo Courtesy of The Sprouted Kitchen Bowl and Spoon Published March 2015