Wine-Roasted Fingerling Potatoes with Onions and Olives
- ACTIVE: 30 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 2 HR
- SERVINGS: 8
Michael Tusk cooks these potatoes with spring garlic heads, which have not yet formed a papery skin and are very juicy and delicate. If you can find them, add up to 1 cup of thin slices to the potatoes in place of the regular garlic in the recipe.
More Delicious, Quick Side Dishes
- 4 pounds medium fingerling potatoes, peeled
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Niçoise olives (6 ounces)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 4 bay leaves
- 2 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Kosher or sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 375°. In a roasting pan, toss the potatoes with the onion, olives, olive oil, wine, bay leaves and garlic and season with salt. Cover with foil and bake for about 1 hour, or until just tender. Uncover, stir well and bake for 30 minutes longer, or until the potatoes are very tender and lightly glazed. Season with salt and serve.