© Ericka McConnell
Wine-Roasted Fingerling Potatoes with Onions and Olives
- ACTIVE: 30 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 2 HR
- SERVINGS: 8
Michael Tusk cooks these potatoes with spring garlic heads, which have not yet formed a papery skin and are very juicy and delicate. If you can find them, add up to 1 cup of thin slices to the potatoes in place of the regular garlic in the recipe.
- 4 pounds medium fingerling potatoes, peeled
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Niçoise olives (6 ounces)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 4 bay leaves
- 2 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Kosher or sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 375°. In a roasting pan, toss the potatoes with the onion, olives, olive oil, wine, bay leaves and garlic and season with salt. Cover with foil and bake for about 1 hour, or until just tender. Uncover, stir well and bake for 30 minutes longer, or until the potatoes are very tender and lightly glazed. Season with salt and serve.
Make AheadThe potatoes can be peeled early and held in cold water.