Wine Bar Nut Mix
- ACTIVE: 10 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes 6 cups
This fantastic sweet-savory mix of pecans, almonds and walnuts from The Casual Vineyard Table, by Carolyn Wente and Kimball Jones, makes a great gift.
- 2 cups pecans
- 2 cups almonds
- 2 cups walnuts
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely minced mixed herbs, such as rosemary, sage, savory and thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°. In a bowl, toss the nuts with the maple syrup, olive oil, herbs and cayenne. Spread the nuts on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until browned. Season the nuts with salt and pepper and toss frequently until cooled.