- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- One 1/2-pound head frisée lettuce, torn into large pieces
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3 plum tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Add the frisée and season with salt and pepper. Cook over high heat, stirring, until just wilted, about 20 seconds. Transfer the frisée to a bowl.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil in the skillet. Add the garlic and cook over moderately high heat until fragrant, about 10 seconds. Stir in the tomatoes and paprika and cook until sizzling, about 1 minute. Stir in the vinegar. Add the dressing to the frisée, season with salt and pepper and toss lightly. Serve right away.
Contributed By Marcia Kiesel Photo Published