© Phoebe Lapine
Wild Rice with Roasted Cauliflower and Nuts
- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 4
This elegant dish would be a welcome accompaniment to a simple roast chicken.
Slideshow: Healthy Side Dishes
- 4 cups cauliflower florets (from 1 small head cauliflower)
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- 1 cup wild rice
- 8 cups cold water
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- 1/4 cup golden raisins (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425°. On a parchment-lined baking sheet, toss the cauliflower with 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes, or until the cauliflower is tender and caramelized.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cover the rice with the water, add 1 teaspoon of salt and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer over moderately low heat until the wild rice is tender but still chewy, about 1 hour. Drain the wild rice well.
- In a small skillet, toast the almonds over medium heat until golden brown.
- Toss the wild rice with 2 tablespoons olive oil, the cauliflower, mint, almonds and golden raisins, if using. Season with salt and transfer to a platter.