© Phoebe Lapine
Wild Rice Salad with Marcona Almonds
- ACTIVE: 05 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 05 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
You can add a dash of smoked paprika (pimentón) and some shaved Manchego cheese to add more Spanish flair to this wild rice salad.
Slideshow: Spanish Recipes
- 1 cup wild rice
- 8 cups cold water
- Sea salt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup Marcona almonds
- In a large saucepan, cover the rice with the water, add 1 teaspoon of salt and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer over moderately low heat until the wild rice is tender but still chewy, about 1 hour. Drain the wild rice well.
- Toss the wild rice with the chives, parsley, sherry vinegar, olive oil and almonds. Season with salt and serve.