- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 1/2 pounds mixed mushrooms, such as hen-of-the-woods and stemmed shiitake, cut into large pieces
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup chopped mixed herbs, such as chives and tarragon, for garnish
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 450°. In a bowl, combine the butter, garlic and parsley. Spread the mushrooms on 2 rimmed baking sheets, toss with the oil and thyme and season with salt and pepper. Roast for about 15 minutes, stirring, until golden and tender. Toss the mushrooms with the garlic butter; season with salt and pepper. Scrape onto a platter, garnish with the herbs and serve warm.
The garlic butter can be refrigerated for 1 week or frozen for 1 month.