Wild Mushroom Matzo Brei
- SERVINGS: 4-6
The Lobster Club in Manhattan serves this traditional Passover dish year-round.
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 pound Spanish onions, minced
- 3/4 pound wild mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
- 6 unsalted matzos
- 6 large eggs, beaten with 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Melt half the butter in a large skillet. Add the onions and cook slowly until caramelized, about 20 minutes. Remove the onions. Sauté the mushrooms in the oil and season with salt and pepper; add them to the onions.
- Soak the matzos in warm water for 30 seconds, then crumble them into the egg mixture. Add the onions and mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the remaining butter in the skillet. Add the matzo mixture and stir over moderately high heat until the eggs set, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with the parsley and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.