- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound shiitake mushrooms, stems discarded and caps sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/2 pound oyster mushrooms, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped thyme
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Four 1/2-inch-thick slices of rustic sourdough bread
- 1/2 pound fresh ricotta cheese (1 cup)
- 1/4 cup tarragon leaves
- 1/4 cup snipped chives
How to make this recipe
- In a large skillet, melt the butter in 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the shiitake and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until browned, 4 minutes. Add the oyster mushrooms and cook until softened and lightly browned, 4 minutes. Add the shallot and garlic and cook until fragrant, 2 minutes. Stir in the wine, lemon juice, thyme and the 1 tablespoon of parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Brush the bread with olive oil and grill until toasted and charred in spots, about 1 minute per side.
- Spread each toast slice with 1/4 cup of the ricotta. Spoon the mushrooms on top and and sprinkle with the tarragon, chives and additional parsley. Cut the crostini in half, drizzle with olive oil and serve.