Whole Wheat Spaghetti with Fresh Ricotta and Lemon Zest
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
Plus: Pasta Recipes and Tips
- 1 pound whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Finely grated zest of 2 lemons
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound fresh ricotta
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the spaghetti until al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a large, deep skillet, melt the butter. Add the lemon zest and cook over moderate heat, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the cream and bring to a boil. Simmer over moderate heat for 3 minutes. Add a pinch each of salt and pepper and remove from the heat. Stir in the ricotta.
- Drain the pasta. Add it to the skillet and toss well. Add the Parmesan, season with salt and pepper and toss again. Transfer to bowls and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.