- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup frozen baby peas
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 pound dried whole wheat spaghetti
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup pea shoots (optional)
How to make this recipe
In a large heavy skillet, heat the oil over medium heat until hot. Stir in the zucchini, peas, garlic, 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are tender and the garlic is pale golden, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in the cream and remove the skillet from the heat.
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the spaghetti until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water, then drain the pasta. Toss the pasta with the vegetable mixture in the skillet along with 1/4 cup of the pasta cooking water and the cheese. Add more pasta cooking water for a thinner sauce, then season with salt and pepper to taste and serve topped with the pea shoots, if using.