- 3 cups mixed berries, such as blueberries, raspberries and halved strawberries
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons melted unsalted butter, plus more for brushing
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Whipped cream and confectioners' sugar, for topping
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 350°. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the berries with 1/4 cup of the granulated sugar. Bake for about 10 minutes, until the berries are just softened.
Meanwhile, set a large resealable plastic bag in a tall bowl to hold it upright. In the bag, whisk the milk with the eggs and the melted butter, then add both flours, the remaining 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar, the baking powder and salt; stir until incorporated.
Preheat a griddle and brush lightly with melted butter. Gently twist the bag and hold it upright. Using scissors, snip off 1/4 inch from a bottom corner. For each batch of pancakes, pipe 4-inch rounds of batter onto the griddle. Cook over moderate heat until bubbles appear on the surface of the pancakes, 2 to 3 minutes; flip and cook until risen and golden brown, 2 minutes longer. Transfer to plates and top with the berries, whipped cream and confectioners’ sugar.