- 1/2 cup walnuts (2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon seeded and chopped Calabrian chiles
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 pound whole-wheat linguine
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Spread the walnuts in a pie plate and toast for about 8 minutes, until fragrant. Let cool, then chop.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil. Add the garlic, orange zest, chiles and toasted walnuts and cook over low heat until fragrant, 2 minutes. Season with salt and stir in the parsley.
- In a pot of boiling salted water, cook the linguine until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water and drain the pasta. Add the linguine and reserved water to the skillet and simmer until the liquid is just absorbed, 2 minutes. Transfer the pasta to a bowl and sprinkle with the cheese. Toss and serve.
One serving: 225 cal, 24 gm fat, 3 gm sat fat, 2 gm carb, 1 gm fiber, 3 gm protein.
Rich, citrusy Pinot Gris.