- 3/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Coat a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray. In a large bowl, mix the oats with the whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, coriander and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk the honey with the buttermilk, canola oil and eggs. Pour the honey mixture into the dry ingredients; mix just until combined.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups and bake for about 18 minutes, until they're golden and a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean. Let the muffins cool in the pan for about 5 minutes, then transfer them to a rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
The muffins can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
One serving 226 cal, 30 gm carb, 11 gm fat, 1 gm sat fat, 4 gm protein, 2 gm fiber.