- 3/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 375°. Coat a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray. In a large bowl, mix the oats with the whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, coriander and salt.
In another bowl, whisk the honey with the buttermilk, canola oil and eggs. Pour the honey mixture into the dry ingredients; mix just until combined.
Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups and bake for about 18 minutes, until they're golden and a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean. Let the muffins cool in the pan for about 5 minutes, then transfer them to a rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
The muffins can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
One serving 226 cal, 30 gm carb, 11 gm fat, 1 gm sat fat, 4 gm protein, 2 gm fiber.