- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated lime zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 2 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 stalk of lemongrass, halved lengthwise and cut into 2-inch pieces
- Two 1/2-inch-thick coins of ginger
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon shredded mint
- 1 red grapefruit
- 2 navel oranges
- 1 tangerine
- Set a fine-mesh sieve over a bowl. In a small saucepan, cook the eggs, sugar, lime zest and juice over moderate heat, whisking constantly, until thickened, about 3 minutes. Strain the lime curd into the bowl and whisk in the condensed milk. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, until chilled.
- Fill a large bowl with ice water. In a saucepan, cook the egg yolks with 3/4 cup of the cream over moderate heat, whisking constantly, until the mixture has the consistency of yogurt, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and whisk in the white chocolate. Transfer to a medium bowl and set it in the ice water to cool completely, stirring occasionally.
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg whites with the sugar, cream of tartar and salt until glossy, soft peaks form. Fold the egg whites into the white-chocolate mixture. In another medium bowl, beat the remaining 1/2 cup of cream until firm. Fold the whipped cream into the white-chocolate mixture with the lemon juice. Cover the mousse with plastic and refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled.
- In a small saucepan, bring the orange juice, sugar, lemongrass and ginger to a boil. Simmer over moderate heat until the juice has reduced to 3 tablespoons, about 10 minutes. Strain into a bowl and let cool. Whisk in the honey, lime juice, zest and mint.
- Using a sharp knife, peel the citrus fruits, removing all of the bitter white pith. Working over a cutting board, cut in between the membranes to release the sections. Add to the orange dressing and toss.
- Spoon the lime curd into 6 glasses. Using a slotted spoon, divide the citrus salad among the glasses and top with the white-chocolate mousse. Serve right away.