- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup dried cherries, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 375° and position racks in the upper and lower thirds. In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the butter with both sugars until pale and fluffy, 2 minutes. Beat in the egg and vanilla. At low speed, beat in the dry ingredients until just incorporated, then beat in the white chocolate, dried cherries and macadamias.
Form the dough into 1 1/2-inch balls and arrange them 2 inches apart on 2 large baking sheets. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until lightly browned; shift the baking sheets from top to bottom and front to back halfway through baking. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets for 2 minutes before transferring them to a rack to cool completely.
The cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 days.