© Kana Okada
White Buttercream Frosting
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: makes 1 1/4 cups (enough to frost 12 cupcakes)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons milk or heavy cream
- In a medium bowl, using a handheld electric mixer, beat the softened butter at medium speed until smooth. Add the confectioners' sugar, vanilla extract and salt and beat the mixture at low speed just until combined. Increase the mixer speed to medium and beat until smooth. Add the milk or heavy cream and beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Spread the frosting on the cupcakes and top as desired.
Make AheadThe white buttercream frosting can be refrigerated in an airtight plastic container for up to 2 days. Return to room temperature before using.