White Bean Puree
- ACTIVE: 10 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Plus: Beans 101: How to Cook Any Bean
More Recipes from F&W Editors
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 thyme sprig
- Two 15-ounce cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter. Add the onion, garlic and thyme sprig and cook over moderate heat, stirring a few times, until the onion is softened, about 7 minutes. Add the beans and broth and simmer over moderately high heat until the broth is reduced by half, about 5 minutes; discard the thyme sprig. Puree the bean mixture in a blender. Season the puree with salt and pepper and serve hot.
Make AheadThe puree can be refrigerated for up to 3 days. Reheat gently.