© Christina Holmes
White Bean Flatbreads with Prosciutto and Cheese
- TOTAL TIME: 7 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4 flatbreads
Great for a party, these flatbreads pack an entire antipasto tray into a single crunchy, gooey snack.
Slideshow: Fantastic Flatbreads
- 4 pocketless pitas
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- One 15-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped rosemary
- 2 ounces chopped sliced prosciutto
- 1/4 cup chopped salted roasted almonds
- 6 ounces imported Fontina cheese, shredded (1 1/2 cups)
- Preheat a large skillet; preheat the broiler. Position a rack 6 inches from the heat. Brush the pitas on both sides with the 2 tablespoons of oil. Cook in the skillet over high heat until browned, 3 minutes. In a bowl, mash the beans with the red pepper, rosemary and prosciutto; spread on the pitas. Top with the almonds and cheese and transfer the skillet to the broiler. Broil for 2 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the pitas are golden. Drizzle with oil, cut into wedges and serve.