- 2 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Twelve 1/4-inch-thick baguette slices
- 2/3 cup rinsed and drained cannellini beans (from a 14-ounce can)
- 1/4 teaspoon finely chopped rosemary
- Large pinch of crushed red pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°. In a small bowl, combine 2 teaspoons of the oil with half of the garlic and season with salt and black pepper. Brush the baguette slices with the garlic oil and arrange them, oiled side down, on a baking sheet. Toast for about 7 minutes, or until lightly browned and crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine the beans, rosemary and crushed red pepper. Add the remaining garlic and 1/2 teaspoon of oil, season with salt and process until smooth. Spoon the bean puree onto the toasts and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.