White-Bean and Prosciutto Bruschetta
- SERVINGS: 4
Strips of prosciutto top each toast and are topped in turn with a mound of creamy white beans and sprinkling of crisp red onion. If you like, serve these with the Bruschetta Duet to make a tantalizing trio.
Plus: Appetizer Recipes
- 2 cups drained and rinsed canned cannellini beans (one 19-ounce can)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme, or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 ounces thin-sliced prosciutto, fat removed, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- Put the beans in a medium glass or stainless-steel bowl. Using a fork, mash the beans to a coarse puree. Stir in the vinegar, oil, thyme, salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons of the parsley.
- Put some of the prosciutto on each of the bruschetta and top with the bean mixture. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 tablespoon parsley and the red onion over the beans.