- 4 ounces pancetta, cut into 1-inch-by-1/4-inch strips
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Two 15-ounce cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 pocketless pita or naan
- 6 ounces thinly sliced Fontina cheese
- Preheat the oven with a pizza stone to 450°. In a skillet, cook the pancetta in 2 tablespoons of oil over moderate heat, until crisp; transfer to a plate. Add the garlic, rosemary and crushed pepper to the skillet and cook for 20 seconds. Mash in the beans. Stir in the pancetta; season with salt. Brush the flatbreads with oil and spread with the bean mixture. Top with the cheese. Bake the flatbreads until the cheese is bubbling, 7 minutes; transfer to plates and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.