© James Baigrie
White Bean and Chorizo Salad with Olives
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 4
- 2 large eggs
- One 15-ounce can small white beans, drained
- 1 ready-to-eat chorizo link (3 ounces), finely diced
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 Boston lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup pitted Calamata olives
- 1 radish, thinly sliced
- Put the eggs in a small saucepan. Cover the eggs with water and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat, cover and let stand for 12 minutes. Drain and run under cold water, gently shaking the pan. Peel the eggs and pat dry.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, toss the beans with the chorizo, onion, bell pepper, parsley, oregano and cumin seeds. Add the olive oil and vinegar, season with salt and pepper and toss well. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Arrange the lettuce leaves in bowls and mound the bean salad on top. Scatter the olives and radish slices all around. Quarter the eggs, arrange them around the salads and serve.
Serve WithCrusty bread.