- 1/3 cup shelled pistachio nuts
- 2 1/2 pounds white asparagus, peeled, or green asparagus
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 hard-cooked eggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced tarragon
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 400°. Spread the pistachios in a pie plate and toast for 8 minutes, or until lightly browned. Let cool, then coarsely chop.
Steam the asparagus until just tender, about 10 minutes.
In a large skillet, melt the butter over moderately high heat until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Add the asparagus, season with salt and toss to coat, then transfer to a platter. Coarsely grate the eggs over the top. Sprinkle with the nuts, chives, parsley and tarragon and serve.