White Asparagus Salad with Creamy Tomato Dressing
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
Canned white asparagus from Navarra is so revered in Spain that it has its own D.O. (a protected denomination of origin). This simple, composed salad is a lovely way to showcase its buttery flavor.
- 5 large plum tomatoes—4 cut into wedges, 1 coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound green beans, preferably romano
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- One 12-ounce jar or tin of white asparagus, preferably from Navarra, drained
- In a blender, puree the coarsely chopped tomato with the lemon juice, mustard and sugar. Add the mayonnaise and the 3 tablespoons of olive oil and blend the dressing until thick. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the green beans until tender, 4 minutes. Drain and let cool to room temperature, then drizzle the beans lightly with olive oil and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the beans, tomato wedges, onion and asparagus on a platter. Drizzle the dressing over the vegetables and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.