- 5 large plum tomatoes—4 cut into wedges, 1 coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound green beans, preferably romano
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- One 12-ounce jar or tin of white asparagus, preferably from Navarra, drained
How to make this recipe
In a blender, puree the coarsely chopped tomato with the lemon juice, mustard and sugar. Add the mayonnaise and the 3 tablespoons of olive oil and blend the dressing until thick. Season with salt and pepper.
In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the green beans until tender, 4 minutes. Drain and let cool to room temperature, then drizzle the beans lightly with olive oil and season lightly with salt and pepper.
Arrange the beans, tomato wedges, onion and asparagus on a platter. Drizzle the dressing over the vegetables and serve.
The dressing can be refrigerated overnight. Serve lightly chilled or at room temperature.