- 2 cinnamon sticks, broken into pieces
- 20 black peppercorns
- 16 whole cloves
- 8 cardamom pods, seeds removed from the pod
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 quart whole milk
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon loose black tea
- 3 ounces bourbon or rye whiskey
- In spice grinder, pulse all of the spices to a powder.
- In a saucepan, bring the milk to a simmer. Remove from the heat. Add the spices, sugar and tea and let stand for 10 minutes. Strain the chai into a bowl. Wipe out the saucepan.
- Return the chai to the saucepan and rewarm over moderate heat. Stir in the whiskey and serve hot.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.